Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's about time.

I have been telling myself I would start a blog since I had Mylin a year and a half ago.  With the many hours I spend on the properly called, "world waste wide waste of time," you'd think I'd have a book of blogs by now.  Finally, here we are.  I am adding one more stereotypical mom thing to my list.  I am now a Mommy Blogger. Dunt dun dunnnnnn!!!!

A huge influence in prompting me to start this is that time truly does fly so fast.  I catch myself staring at my computer as it has switched to screen saver mode for a good 1/2 hour at a time, just oogling over Mylin's many baby pictures.  Yet, when it comes to written memories and funny stories, I have to scroll my own facebook page for old status updates or twitter for old tweets.  I am hoping this will create something more concrete. A scrapbook of sorts that grandparents, our kids, as well as Daniel and I will have to look back on.

Having Mylin changed my life forever.  I had never seen nor felt love like that before.  Daniel and I both beamed.  For years I had heard that God loves us as his own children. I don't think I could ever fully understand the extent of that love until I had felt it myself.  It also gave me greater fears.  I remember being in the shower the first week we brought Mylin home.  I heard her crying.   I, also in tears, flew out of the bathroom only in my towel.  In a total postpartum hormonal moment, I cried to Daniel saying, "When I heard her in the shower, I realized that for the last 9 months all that I had to do to protect her was to take care of and protect myself.  That's no longer the case and I can't be with her every second." Every day I pray protection over her.

There are so many things that I have had to go through that I hope with all that I am she will never have to.  I constantly remind myself of the things that were part of my childhood that I don't want to recreate for her.  There were also good things my parents did that I will implement in my parenting.  All in all, I know I will have my own individual style of parenting.  My hope is it will be a style of love, grace, and patience.  May this blog be a reminder on those rough days of how blessed I am and bring me joy even in times of tears and frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment