Thursday, November 3, 2011

Being Thankful & Crafty

Tonight I wanted to do a little Thanksgiving craft with Mylin. I wanted it to be something we could keep and look back on. Of course, how it all went down in my mind differed quite significantly than the actual event.

We made a hand turkey. This meant I had to trace and cut out enough of her hand prints to feather a turkey. At first she was cooperative and allowed me to trace one print. Then she saw Mama was getting to have, what she thought, was all the fun with the paper and permanent marker. After this it was a constant battle of Daniel chasing Mylin away from the scissors, glue sticks, and paper as I tried to quickly recreate many handprints from the only one she had stood still for. It took much longer than I had anticipated, and of course we made an extra for Grammy Linda. Why I thought I could get an 18 month old involved with an organized craft is beyond me.

The end result, however, is beautiful! (or at least we think so.) We have already taken loving gazes at it and talked about how next year we won't believe how small her hands once were. It was well worth it, and I hope we have many more family crafts like this. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment